I would recommend any of the Google devices. But you could always
build out your own kernel for any device that you can flash (Google or
HTC phones are easy) with the file system support you need compiled
into the kernel or build it as a module and insmod it. You can get the
kernel config file on some phones from the /proc/config.gz and use
that as a base for configuring a custom kernel. I would recommend an
HTC device and throw Cyanogenmod on it. I have come across some
devices that have loadable module support turned off, so if your not
putting a custom kernel on the phone, you won't even be able to load
modules, however I have never found this to be true for a Google
device.