Rockchip never updated Android for the RK2808 beyond 1.6.  The RK2808
is ARM9-based and slower in performance than the Qualcomm chip in the
G1, the 1st Android phone.  I have Android 2.2 (Cyanogenmod) running
on a G1 and this is barely usable even with overclocking of the CPU.
So it's no surprise that Rockchip isn't even bothering with further
Android support for the RK2808.