Ethernet isn't properly supported in Android yet.  However you can fake
things a bit for development purposes.

If you go into frameworks/base/core/res/res/config.xml (or better yet, an
overlay of this file for your project) and modify network Attributes adding
    <item>"dummy",8,8,1</item>

and to radioAttributes add
    <item>"8,1"</item>

then set net.dns1 to some dns and net.dns2 to another (8.8.8.8?) and add
your routes.  Then things should work for you.