I have a following scenario. Can somebody explain me how a call comes to
onPause in this scenario? It is still more helpful if somebody can comment
on whether an onPause is supposed to get called in this scenario.

Camera is doing video recording. Insert (or remove if already inserted) a
USB device (usb stick or usb hub, usb keyboard any such...) in USB port. Now
onPause() method is getting called for camera application. This onPause is
calling function to close and finish the camera application, effectively
stopping the ongoing camera recording.