Hi list,

I have a plug-in with hardware enabled video acceleration. So, the
video is being rendered to a window which is at the very back (there
are other surfaces created on top of this window).

 I added some prints in SurfaceFlinger to check which surfaces are
being created and destroyed. When the plug-in is running, I see 2
active surfaces both of which are owned by the browser process:

1. surface-A of size 1280x672 (am assuming this is entire browser
window)
2. surface-B of size 734x432 (created by the plug-in itself)

I've set up the alpha value of surface-B to 0 (complete transparency)
so that anything behind can be seen. But, it seems that surface-A is
blocking (between the video window and the plug-in surface) and hence
can't see the video which is being rendered at the very end. Some
questions:

1. Does the browser know that the video is being h/w accelerated and
hence set its surface around this window to have full transparency?

2. If the above is not possible can I force the alpha values in
surface-A to have complete transparency? or can i cut a hole in
surface-A?

Will truly appreciate a response