actually the question you is going to get answers from people who have
not actually been in the shop ~ not only that it is also an ideal item
to post as a "central issue" that any effort of this nature needs to
keep a good eye on as I was looking at a few issues last night and I
can tell you for a fact that is going to vary some from one vendor to
another - some will do well and actually work to book and write a good
bootloader = as for your next question it's like one person told me
who held an MBA and actually got a job using it:

Companies have to do exactly what you are asking us, and there is no
more "easy way" for them than there is for us. Money is spent
( maybe ) time is spent ( for sure ) and results are ( ? ) maybe you
get good, maybe have to scratch again. They have to do the same thing
~ for your idea you just have to try it - if you do not have a crash-
box to try it on then its luck-o-matic is your only hope.