Hi,

For what it's worth, on the Devkit8000, I found linaro's android
releases pretty useful, for a number of reasons, most importants to me
being that you have a kernel and an Android up-to-date. However, I have
not worked with rowboat, so I'm probably a bit off-topic here.

Moreover, in recent Linux kernels, I guess I saw support for the 7"
display as well, so this should be pretty straightforward in your case.

I have worked with the 4.3" screen, so you would maybe need to tweak
some stuff here.

If you take, from beagle builds, all you need to do is :
  - make sure you have a u-boot for devkit8000 and not for beagle, or
you will have some glitches with the screen.
  - once you are done, you should change the bootargs to boot on the lcd
with the correct resolution. That should give something like :
omapdss.def_disp=lcd omapfb.mode=lcd:480x242MR24@60 (change 480x272 by
800x480)
  - Now, you will maybe find that the touchscreen is bogus. On the 4.3",
the touchscreen and the display are not oriented in the same direction,
so add to your bootargs omapdss.rotate=2

Once this is done, you should have a fully working gingerbread on your
devkit8000 :)

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons