I am porting to a tablet PC with some quirks. When I place the screen
into tablet mode, the keyboard is disabled. This effectively kills two
of the bezel buttons. I can get these buttons functional again by
resetting the i8042 controller.

echo serio0 > /sys/bus/serio/drivers/atkbd/unbind

Unfortunately, this requires a terminal and an external keyboard.
However, I can detect when the pc is placed in tablet mode through
sysfs.

/sys/devices/platform/hp-wmi/tablet   # 1 in tablet mode

I was wondering if there was an init service that could efficiently
monitor this file for changes, or if anyone had any other suggestions.

Thanks,
Kyle