Maybe I misunderstood your question... but couldnt you use one of the
pre-existing android x86 distros?
http://www.android-x86.org/

There has been a ton of progress and development into that project,
and if nothing else you could use the source for that as a base,
swapping out kernel video drivers etc.

Weston