Hi,

You could start off by identifying the largest items.
"du -ah <path to rootfs> | sort -rh

Then depending on the output you can start by working on the larger
items.

1. Try to identify duplicate copies of items (pictures, executables
etc) and eliminate redundancy
2. See if you can move some of the executables to another location
3. Try to reduce the number of statically linked files
4. Change the optimization flags to "-Os" where applicable (the gains
might be negligible)
5. This is more tricky, but if possible try to see if you can use
softlinks to move some items to a different partition. (This might
involve some redesign and affect some of your exisitng code, so it
should be done carefully)

I am curious to know why your rootfs is so big in the first place. Is
it some customized code you are running?