If you are able to get signal strength, Operator Info etc. then your
ril should be fine. Check your gprs script that you are calling in
init for any mistakes (specific to your network). Check your android
kernel build config if PPP is enabled - CONFIG_PPP. Check if /dev/ppp*
node is being created. Do a adb shell netcfg and see if a device for
ppp shows up. IF it doesn't then your script is failing. Try manually
starting the service with start pppd_gprs from adb. See what happens.
Could you please post logs,errors and results. Also as venkat
mentioned try to call pppd from adb shell manually or call pppd from /
system/bin directly. For sending at commands manually, you can use
'echo' if you have it. .