Hi Venkat,
Reset is not necessary. But i don't think it is happening voluntarily. Did
you modify and reduce the log. If not, the things got worse compared to
your last log
here<https://rowboat.googlegroups.com/attach/bd54dcd92e285509/minicom_radio_usb.txt?view=1&part=4>.
You didn't get response for  AT> ATE0Q0V1 . IF you are using 0xdroid
sources, from sources i can say,it died after this function
"requestRadioPower".

Your log doesn't show AT+CFUN being sent, so i don't think
it might have caused it. The weird thing is your modem is notifying it's
death. I don't think RIL asked for the modem to die. There might be
something else.

By resetting, do you mean the modem recovers and starts working again {or}
does it stay dead?

But If you are sure AT+CFUN is causing error, then comment out the call for
the  "requestRadioPower" in the "onRequest" function's switch case loop of
ril sources. That will make the AT+CFUN ineffective from RIL.