First I would like to reply to ji fei's message:

Well connecting through network isn't the best method, especially when
you are debugging core functions. My WiFi connection also resets when
the system_server is restarted. But once you get the system_server
stable it is quite good. Or if you can get rid of the USB gadget if
you have a USB controller, it is better to be used.

Otherwise I think adb via network is the second best method.

You can still use the serial port to act as a console. Perhaps not as
convenient as adb, but at least you get a stable console. (I wished I
have a serial port connected on my device, then porting could be
easier)

2012/2/6 ji fei <...@gmail.com>:
> I can complete every work except "adb sync" using serial port.
> adb logcat:   echo "logcat" > /dev/ttyS0 && cat /dev/ttyS0 &
> simulate some keystroke: echo "input keyevent 3" > /dev/ttyS0
>
> Other command can be done using " echo cmd > /dev/ttyS0" and cat /dev/ttyS0
> will print the stand output of target device. I did this just because the
> connection of Ethernet is not very stable and when i restart system_service
> process i have to reconnect.

Now reply to sai's message:

Yes there is adb for debugging.

However I think using adb via serial port is far too complicated, as
you have to modify both adbd and adb on the host computer. It doesn't
worth the effort.