hi i have been developing android app which needs to communicate with
wifi driver internally through ioctls.I have a shared library which
takes care of talking to driver.Developed the android app and JNI
library which is linked with the shared library.
The issue is that the app is not able to invoke the ioctls.Do we need
to add any specific permissions in manifest file to work or is there
any way other way to get it.
The same thing when done through a native c test app which links with
the shared library,every thing is working flne.
In some post they mentioned Android app cannot invoke ioctls as it
doesn't have root permissions.But my question is how come the default
wifi app which comes with android able to do it??
Please help me out..

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks