Depends on how you intend on using your hardware...

If this touchscreen is always going to be present with your version of
android, you might consider just building into the kernel.

If you just want to support touch screen, but want to leave it as a
module... you can fire insmod from init.rc (but as far as I understand not
directly). Heres a thread with people that have had success doing this:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/android-platform/4XlL3s67Ysw