Hi list,

I'm using linaro's 11.10 android release (based on gingerbread) on the
Embest DevKit8000 (which is pretty similar to the beagleboard).

I'm trying for now to map two GPIO buttons to back and home buttons.

So far, I've modified the devkit8000 board files in the kernel to have
these two buttons in the gpio-keys driver and modified the gpio-keys.kl
key layout file to have:

-----------8<---------
key  174 BACK
key  102 HOME
key  276 MENU WAKE
-----------8<---------

Polling on /dev/input/event3, works fine, the two buttons have the right
keycodes, etc.

EventHub also takes notice of both of them. However, the back button
works, and the home ones doesn't.

Here is the logs I have for the back button:
http://code.bulix.org/4xem7e-81443,

Which is fine.

For the home button however, here is the log I have (I added a bit more
logs): http://code.bulix.org/us2kfo-81444

I'm not sure if the droppped event thing here is relevant however. From
my understanding, the home key is never dispatched to the user, so it
might just be the normal behaviour.

Digging a bit further, I've found that it is actually the callback
registered by the call to KeyguardViewMediator.verifyUnlock that is
never called, and that callback is actually the one sending an intent to
switch to the home, so that would explain why the home button doesn't work.

Do you have any idea on how to fix this ?

I find this pretty odd to have to dig this far in the code to map a
button to home in android, so I must be missing an obvious point...

Thanks,
Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons