HI Robert...

Below is the code....

**************************************

            ConnectivityManager CM;
            CM = (ConnectivityManager)mContext.getSystemService(Context.
CONNECTIVITY_SERVICE);
            CM.reportInetCondition(CM.TYPE_MOBILE, 100);

            NetworkInfo ni;
             //CM.setNetworkPreference(0);
            //CM.setMobileDataEnabled(true);
            //CM.setRadio(0, true);

            SystemClock.sleep(3000);

            Intent broadcastIntent = new Intent();
            broadcastIntent.setAction("ConnectivityManager.
CONNECTIVITY_ACTION");
            if(broadcastIntent != null)
                mContext.sendBroadcast(broadcastIntent);

            ni = CM.getActiveNetworkInfo();
            if (ni != null && ni.isConnectedOrConnecting())
                Slog.e(TAG, "Network Connected .........................");
            else
                Slog.e(TAG, "Network Not Connected
.......................");

***************************************

Is the above code right way of doing?
I want apps to know that there is network.

I am able to connect to internet through browser but the network icons are
not up...

Using Android version gingerbread..

Any help in this regard will be grateful...
Regards

Vikas KM
http://arowboat.org