Edit the init.rc file which may be in your init ramdisk or just in the root
of the boot partition. You can disable a service by adding a line beneath
last configuration option for the service called disabled. This will
temporarily disable the service. or rather prevent it from automatically
starting on boot. (there are services that start on boot events or even
after that on demand).

Weston Weems