20MB is not an unreasonable amount of RAM for a web browser to use.  In
fact if you are browsing more complex pages, it can easily hit 100MB.

For example, about 80MB to show a page from PCMag on a Nexus S:

** MEMINFO in pid 6122 [com.android.browser] **
                         Shared  Private     Heap     Heap     Heap
                   Pss    Dirty    Dirty     Size    Alloc     Free
                ------   ------   ------   ------   ------   ------
       Native       16       16       16    24932    22436      264
       Dalvik     5666    10016     5240    10951    10596      355
       Cursor        0        0        0
       Ashmem     6228        0     6228
    Other dev    11461     4472     6428
     .so mmap     7046     1892     1440
    .jar mmap        0        0        0
    .apk mmap       17        0        0
    .ttf mmap      179        0        0
    .dex mmap     1450        0        0
   Other mmap      382       20       44
      Unknown    47505      328    47500
        TOTAL    79950    16744    66896    35883    33032      619

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Onteddu Slreddy <slredd...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I am trying to integrate modem on ICS. When I am trying to browse on
> browser the browser is not able to load the full page
>

> when I launched the browser suddenly the free memory decreasing by around
> 20 MB
>
> before launching the browser:
>

> /proc/meminfo:
>
> Memory free   27372 kB
>
> After launching the browser
>

> /proc/meminfo:
>
> Memory free   4968 kB
>

> I am suspecting some memory leak is happening
>

> and If ping to any website it is happening correctly at hat time if I
> launch the browser then for ping also it is coming
>
> "No buffer space available"
>
> and FTP is working fine
>

> Other details:
>

> OS: ICS 4.0.3
> modem:Telit HE910
>

> can any body suggest me which part of the code I have to debug to solve
> this error
>

> Thanks & Regards
>

> O S L Reddy

Dianne Hackborn