Dear Glenn,

I want to ask other questions about Glitch Test in Audio Quality Verifier.

What theory does Glitch Test determine which sample is a glitch?

We have tried two ways to verify this issue.

One was to set the default input sampling rate to 16kHz in HAL.
If we used  this way, AudioFlinger will not apply the resampling algorithm
to the stream, because the request sampling rate from the application is
the same as the default input sampling rate which HAL provides.
The resampling procedure is applied by ALSA lib, and it makes the sampling
rate of the stream from 48kHz to 16kHz.

Another way is to set the default input sampling rate to 48kHz in HAL.
Because input 48kHz sampling rate can be supported by the audio codec, ALSA
lib does not have to resample the stream.
However, the application still needs 16kHz sampling rate stream data, so
AudioFlinger will apply the resampling algorithm to the stream to make it
from 48kHz to 16kHz.

We discovered that both ways have simliar result that one of the two glitch
test items may failed.
As we know, Glitch Test cannot have any glitch detected, and Glitch Test(7)
allows 1-7 glitches detected
during testing.
The most of the failed reasons we got for Glitch Test were 1 glitch
detected, and the reasons for Glitch Test(7) were often 0 glitch detected

So, I want to ask whether both Glitch Test items are easily affected by the
background noise and sound.

Is it possible that the resampling algorithm has the chance to eliminate or
weaken some glitch samples during interpolating that makes Glitch Test can
not find the glich samples?

Thank you
Best regards,
Audi

Audi Huang於 2012年6月15日星期五UTC+8下午11時21分58秒寫道: