Hi all,

As of Monday, 8/6, we had booted a generic build of Android 2.3.7 to the
desktop on a Marvell PX168 platform, following the procedure of a generic
boot tested with Froyo.

Out of the box, of course, the touchscreen would not respond.  On a
subsequent boot up, the screen locked.  We then unlocked it using
adb and the input keyevent 82 command, plus key events to access
various settings, etc.

However, the touchscreen will not respond after an unlock.  After further
investigation, I discovered that we needed to provide an .idc configuration
file
in system/usr or other directories and we did this.  Now, it appears (I
emphasize appears) that InputManager.java's "try" function does respond to
touches, since
an initial tap on the screen will reveal that no
/sys/board_properties/virtualkeys.<devicename> is no being provided by the
kernel.  We saw this as an optional/informational message simply checking
for any virtual keys, which we do not (currently) implement.

Further checking via logcat revealed that EventHub does recognize
/dev/input/event0.  Using cat /dev/input/event0 from dab reveals that
/dev/input/event0 is being read, as characters show up on the adb terminal.
 It's important to note, as well, that the idc file has the exact same
device name as exported by the wm97xx touchscreen driver (Wolfson) we are
using.

Questions:

1.  Will implementing TSLIB somehow connect the dev/input/event0 events to
the InputManager.java functions?  (With Froyo, we had exported
/dev/input/event0 from TSLIB in root/init.rc.) and TSLIB had been
implemented within the AvengerLite source tree by Marvell.
2.  Or, Do we need to implement a special handler within InputManager.java?

I am not too worried about calibration at the moment.  I simply need to
understand the (possibly) many reasons why the Android system/UI will not
recognize /dev/input/event0 even when InputManager.java seems to respond.
 I am hoping that someone can provide a basic handler for touch events, one
that I could maybe
use to at least place debug messaging code.  A skeleton outline of what I
need to provide within InputManger.java would help, as well.

Regards,

Chris