All you need to do is create your own home screen app, and optionally
remove the intent filter from Launcher2. You'll effectively have your own
app that gets launched on start. (this doesnt prevent other launchers from
being installed if its an open system) You can then edit the mk files to
exclude applications you no longer want built.

This of course is only one way, but may be a super easy way to achieve what
you want.

One thing to note, SystemUI has lots of taskbar/notificationcenter stuff
that is gonna be there by default. You could dive in and edit this stuff
manually, or you could just remve the stuff you want from it, and by
default, show launcher etc in fullscreen mode. (if this is a tablet form
factor device, you'll likely need to have your status bar with at least
back/home buttons, unless you have hardware buttons)

Weston