Hi cnet,

yes, that's what I've also done. Indeed looks like the kernel driver isn't
the main problem, I think...

Here's what I've achieved so far. I've introduced the .idc file for the
touch device, so it gets recognized as an actual "touch" screen, not as a
"pointer" pad. Then I've set the "showTouches" to true in the
InputReader.cpp code, so to force showing of the touch position.

I've posted a brief recording of results on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqebuAw5Jws&feature=youtu.be

As you can see from video, the touch is properly received by the EventHub
module, but somehow it's not dispatched to the window, which is the locker
screen in this case...

Also, I've enabled debug logging into InputReader.cpp and EventHub.cpp, but
I can see messages in the logcat only from the latter, which is another
mystery to me...