It would probably be better to obtain the kernel messages over ADB.

First of all, you should make an image with a minimal userspace and the ADB
program on a ramdisk.
This site shows you how:

http://yhcting.wordpress.com/2011/05/31/android-creating-minimum-set-of-android-kernel-adbd-ueventd-for-android-kernel-test/

Also, OMAPzoom have their own branch of the android source. You should be
able to modify and compile the required binaries with this:

http://omapzoom.org/
http://www.omappedia.com/wiki/Building_Android_Filesystem

After you've got this set up, with ADB terminal running on host, you should
see the kernel boot messages that can be logged easily.  I plan to do this
myself, but my hard drive has failed on me.  A new one is on the way, but
until then...

I just want to say good luck.  We're all counting on you.