any standard Linux kernel should be able to run Open webOS. The Open
Embedding/porting of webOS says to use the sources (AOSP) building and add
the webOS layer on top. I haven't built anything for over a decade, it's
not as easy as I thought it would be.

The 4.1.1 kernel and all of the driver binaries for the Nexus S/4G are
available - so is it possible to add the "custom" webOS layers into the
AOSP build to get it to run?

Been trying to put the pieces together myself, but have been struggling for
days. With the hardware and both OSs open sourced I thought maybe the
experts would be able to put together a working model.