>From what i understand u hav got the kernel part up and running.nothing to
do there.
U r stuck at USB Mode switch.

A Intro :- Huawei modems originally present themselves as CD Drives to
install required drivers then switch back to the actual Modem presentation.
This is great in windows but fails miserably in Linux wer u never r able to
getthe WIndows drivers working. So it just stays a CD ROM. What USB Mode
switch does is it send the commands the original Driver/app sends to the
Modem to switch it to Modem mode.

Your case:-
Ur log is incomplete. it says it found a device to switch but shows no
error or success.

My suggestion :-
There r ther ways to switch modem. Manually without usb mode switch. Do
that. Get everything 2 work .Then automate with USB Mode switch. I'm not
that much in touch with it to give you full guidance in manual switch. But
i'm sure u can find it . If u can't then feel free to reply and i will digg
up my old projects and help u