I compiled jelly bean 4.1.1_r6 for x86 (lunch full_x86-eng). When I load
the images into the emulator, I was not able to access the internet using
DNS names. When I check the net.dns1 property it is empty. But I do see
net.eth0.dns1 etc set properly.

I compiled the same version of jelly bean for arm (lunch full-eng). When I
load the arm images into the emulator, I could access the internet using
DNS names. The net.dns1 property is set properly as well.

What is the difference between arm and x86 builds as far as DNS is
concerned? How is the 'net.dns1' property set? Can somebody please point me
to the AOSP source files or scripts that sets this property?

Thanks,

Sreekanth