Dear experts,

I would like to ask some questions about multi channel supporting on
JellyBean. Please give your advice for my questions.

According to Google, multi channel audio can be supported from JB 4.1 as
follows
*'Multichannel audio : Android 4.1 supports multichannel audio on devices
that have hardware multichannel audio out through the HDMI port.'*

- When I connect a TV which can support multi channel through HDMI port,
what are the audio path in audioflinger layer?
- In case of that, which thread is using for? DirectOutputThread or
MixerThread?
- Which use cases we are using the DirectOutputThread for?
- Is the output of Downmixer in the MixerThread 2-channel stereo only?

Thank you in advance.