Hi,
I am involved in porting android for a new device procured from a
Chinese OEM. This device is not present in market and it is an end product
tablet. The OEM has provided me the kernel source. However they have not
provided the device tree. As per my understanding, if I need to build
android from AOSP source, I would need device tree
(device/<OEM>/<boardname>) and vendor and hardware files from OEM.

I would be getting proprietary blobs from OEM. I wanted to know if it is
possible to write the device tree from scratch. I mean, the files like
BoardConfig.mk, Android.mk, device.mk, full_<device>.mk etc and the init.rc
scripts.

Is there any dependency on OEM providers for writing these make files in
the device tree?

please help.

Regards
Shivanand