Dear Google,

I was not able to attend 2012's IO.  Yet, I saw the potential of the Nexus
Q, so I ordered one via Ebay from an attendee.  I realize that this means
you have no obligation to support me, and yet I am asking for help.  A
number of people (original receivers and third party purchasers) have
enjoyed using the Nexus Q, and would like to continue to do so.

With the recent Play update, it appears that support for the Nexus Q has
been dropped.  I am not an Android expert yet.  I was hoping that the
really smart folks in the big ROM communities would be able to turn the
Nexus Q into a super device.  And in some instances, they have.  However,
certain components of the Nexus Q (that make it a Q) are missing from the
flashed devices.  The first being the ability to choose an audio output
(SPDIF, HDMI or the built in amp), and the second being control of the LED
ring.  If I have to learn to be an Android expert to get these functions
back, so be it.

If you could please release interface documentation (it doesn't have to be
polished - engineering notes are fine) for the audio amp, the LED ring, and
the embedded Atmel, that would be great.  If the audio amp requires a
special kernel driver, it would be appreciated if you could release that as
well, in either source or at minimum a binary module, so that we can
continue to update and maintain our Qs.  (Anything else that is releasable
regarding the hardware / software design would also be appreciated.)

Thanks,
Caitlyn