Hi

In your device specific directory create or edit the following file
"overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml"
then add the following values

    <!-- Flag indicating whether the current device is "voice capable".
>          If true, this means that the device supports circuit-switched
>          (i.e. voice) phone calls over the telephony network, and is
>          allowed to display the in-call UI while a cellular voice call is
>          active.  This can be overridden to false for "data only" devices
>          which can't make voice calls and don't support any in-call UI.
>          Note: this flag is subtly different from the
>          PackageManager.FEATURE_TELEPHONY system feature, which is
>          available on *any* device with a telephony radio, even if the
>          device is data-only. -->
>     <bool name="config_voice_capable">true</bool>
>     <!-- Flag indicating whether the current device allows sms service.
>          If true, this means that the device supports both sending and
>          receiving sms via the telephony network.
>          This can be overridden to false for "data only" devices
>          which can't send and receive sms message.
>          Note: Disable SMS also disable voicemail waiting sms,
>                cell broadcasting sms, and MMS. -->
>     <bool name="config_sms_capable">true</bool>
>     <!-- This string array should be overridden by the device to present a
> list of radio
>          attributes.  This is used by the connectivity manager to decide
> which networks can coexist
>          based on the hardware -->
>     <!-- An Array of "[ConnectivityManager connectionType],
>                       [# simultaneous connection types]"  -->
>    <string-array name="networkAttributes">
>         <item>"wifi,1,1,2,-1,true"</item>
>         <item>"mobile,0,0,1,-1,true"</item>
>         <item>"mobile_mms,2,0,2,60000,true"</item>
>         <item>"mobile_supl,3,0,2,60000,true"</item>
>         <item>"mobile_dun,4,0,5,60000,true"</item>
>         <item>"mobile_hipri,5,0,3,60000,true"</item>
>         <item>"bluetooth,7,7,0,-1,true"</item>
>         <item>"ethernet,9,9,9,-1,true"</item>
>         <item>"mobile_fota,10,0,2,60000,true"</item>
>         <item>"mobile_ims,11,0,2,-1,true"</item>
>         <item>"mobile_cbs,12,0,2,60000,true"</item>
>         <item>"wifi_p2p,13,1,0,-1,true"</item>
>     </string-array>
>     <!-- This string array should be overridden by the device to present a
> list of radio
>          attributes.  This is used by the connectivity manager to decide
> which networks can coexist
>          based on the hardware -->
>     <!-- An Array of "[ConnectivityManager connectionType],
>                       [# simultaneous connection types]"  -->
>     <string-array name="radioAttributes">
>         <item>"9,1"</item>
>         <item>"1,1"</item>
>         <item>"0,1"</item>
>         <item>"7,1"</item>
>     </string-array>

This will enable mobile network voice and sms - there is a huawei open
source library available here which has full voice capability
https://github.com/DerArtem/huaweigeneric-ril , you'll have to backport it
to ICS however which from what I recall wasn't too difficult. I've tested
this myself and voice calls do function although without correct audio
routing/setup your call quality maybe poor.

The radio interface layer is explained in full here :
http://www.kandroid.org/online-pdk/guide/telephony.html

Obviously your 3G Dongle must be in modem mode and have voice support and
be supported by your kernel ;)

Good Luck!!