Hi,

All packages have a directory to store preferences, databases and files
etc. To support multiple users in JB 4.2 a per-user
directory structure is created that corresponds to the old /data/data
structure where internal data is stored.
So if user "0" have an apk installed with package name "com.example.test"
you will also have a directory:

/data/user/0/com.example.test/

Pre JB 4.2 this would be:

/data/data/com.example.test/

Now for the Android core UI (not to be confused with SystemUI) the package
name is "android" and defined in
: frameworks/base/core/res/AndroidManifest.xml

<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
    package="android" coreApp="true"
android:sharedUserId="android.uid.system"
    android:sharedUserLabel="@string/android_system_label">

So basically the directory in question is the internal data storage for
this package and can be used as defined by the API:
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/data/data-storage.html#filesInternal

In general the directory structure for this is:
/data/user/<user_number>/<package_name>/

Best regards,
Mikkel Christensen