Hi,

I have ported the BMA220 accelerometer too, as part of this JB porting
project:

 https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/renesas-emev-osp

our sensor HAL source code is here:

 https://github.com/Renesas-EMEV2/Renesas-device_emev/tree/emev-4.1/sensors

All seems working "well", and a "dumpsys sensorservice" reports the
following:

root@android:/ # dumpsys
sensorservice
Sensor List:
BMA220 3-axis Accelerometer                     |
Bosch                            | 0x00000000 | maxRate=   0.00Hz | last=<
-1.0, -2.0, 16.0>
9-axis fusion disabled (0 clients), gyro-rate=   0.00Hz, q=< 0, 0, 0, 0 >
(0), b=< 0, 0, 0 >
1 h/w sensors:
handle=0x00000000, active-count=0, rates(ms)={  }, selected=66.7 ms
0 active connections
Active sensors:

with the "last" value changing when moving device. Values are -16...+16 and
above one is for the device laying on a flat surface.

issue is that screen orientation doesn't change on device rotation... Of
course, the "auto-rotate screen" flag in display setting is set.

I also have included this file in my build:

 system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.sensor.accelerometer.xml

as well as this flag, in frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.sys:

    <!-- If true, the screen can be rotated via the accelerometer in all 4
         rotations as the default behavior. -->
    <bool name="config_allowAllRotations">true</bool>

I wonder if I could still be missing anything else and how to debug such
missing screen rotation.

thanks
Fabio