Saket,

Thanks for your reply.

Though I have build android apps before, I am a newbie in android-porting.
I am still trying to establish my learning base in the field and hence my
questions could be obscure. Why don't I put down everything I know and you
could probably just say yes/no (or point me to a web resource). AIM -
Porting Android to any custom hardware (mobile/phone till now :) ).

1. Porting Linux.
The linux kernel source is generally provided by all hardware manufacturers
and needs to be built to generate the zimage.bin file. The configurations
and 'make' commands need to be set and run. Not writing the exact commands
here, plenty of web resources available. Try playing with adb to gain some
confidence and know about its abilities.

2. Porting Android.
Downloading AOSP, you need to get the emulator running with goldfish to get
that initial confidence of having built something working. Now, build the
directory structure for your product (mkvendor.sh can help). Now, do I need
to apply some patches to this system before I rebuild the whole source code
? Do these patches depend on the hardware (The kernel should take care of
the hardware no ?) ? How do I choose which patch ?

Generate the necessary files and get the thing running.

Do you think I missed something ?

Regards
--
Shan