Dear all,

     I am porting android ICS 4.0.3 on beagleboard XM rev B. I enabled
telephony function via UART2. My problem:
     In
reference-ril.c<http://code.metager.de/source/xref/android/4.0.3/hardware-ril/reference-ril/reference-ril.c>
[*void*
requestSignalStrength]<http://code.metager.de/source/s?refs=requestSignalStrength&project=android>
,to get signal strength, RIL used AT command "AT+CSQ", and get 2 integer
number in response[2], so size of reponse is 8 (bytes). And then, in
ril.cpp<http://code.metager.de/source/xref/android/4.0.3/hardware-ril/libril/ril.cpp>[int

responseRilSignalStrength], wrote as below:

 *  if* (responselen
<http://code.metager.de/source/s?defs=responselen&project=android> >= *sizeof*
(RIL_SignalStrength_v5
<http://code.metager.de/source/s?defs=RIL_SignalStrength_v5&project=android>)),
but responselen is 8 bytes and *sizeof* (RIL_SignalStrength_v5) is 28 bytes
 So, the function printed *"**invalid response length"* to LOGI, cannot
initialize success.

   I tried edit code in reference-ril.c
<http://code.metager.de/source/xref/android/4.0.3/hardware-ril/reference-ril/reference-ril.c>[*void*
 requestSignalStrength] to size of response = 28 bytes as below:
   int response[7]={0,0,0,0,75,125,8};
   And result log is:
   D/AT      ( 1017): AT> AT+CSQ
   D/AT      ( 1017): AT< +CSQ: 27,99
   D/AT      ( 1017): AT< OK
   D/RILJ    ( 1225): [0211]< SIGNAL_STRENGTH {27, 99, 0, 0, 75, 125, 8}
   D/RILB    ( 1225): getLteOnCdmaMode=0 curVal=-1
product_type=''lteOnCdmaProductType=''
   D/RILB    ( 1225): getLteOnCdmaMode=0 curVal=-1
product_type=''lteOnCdmaProductType=''

   RIL framework send AT+CSQ as soon as power off beagleboard XM.

   Please help me fix this problem to can call/sms via beagleboard.

   Reagard,
   Thanks,
   Thanh Truong