I have an ambitious, and to some a confusing and pointless project I'm
undertaking. I'm trying to create Aosp rom source for the LG Optimus G. There
is source for Jellybean with the Nexus 4 (Mako) source, but are no ICS Aosp
sources directly compatible with my device- I'm looking to change that.
Jellybean isn't bad, nor is ICS stock with the Optimus G, but I feel like I
should have the luxury of more choice for ICS Aosp. Creating an ICS source
would allow for a level of quick development for my community if it were
interested, and who doesn't like having options?

So far, I've tried compiling Aosp ICS for the Galaxy Nexus (Maguro) to make
sure my build environment was suitable to build for ICS. If successful, the
goal was to attempt a port to my device somehow. Biggest issue would likely be
kernel related and hardware differences.. So I concluded that this task would
be easier if I were able to build it for the Nexus 4 and then directly pull
over. Then thought finally, why not just go back to porting Aosp to the Optimus
G?

Well here's the thing, my device is pretty much exactly the same as a Nexus 4.
Similar partitions, same processor, same camera, same internal memory. So
building for the Nexus 4 would actually be easiest I believe. So it turns into:
how do I go about porting Aosp Ics to a device built running Jellybean 4.2?
Theoretically, it should be more than capable of running it. If devices can be
upgraded from native ICS 4.0 to Jellybean 4.3, why can't a device built running
native 4.2 be downgraded to 4.0?

I just need a starting point and I'll be good to go.