From: shridutt kothari
Sent:  30/09/2013, 21:42
To: android-porting@googlegroups.com
Cc: thedura...@gmail.com; Jnan Bora; borajna...@ovi.com
Subject: Re: [android-porting] build phone without cell capabilities

Adding more value to my previous answer:-

To configure PRODUCT_NAME for your build, you will need to modify few files
in following directory:
Your_AOSP_root/device/manufacturer/your_product/

and files you will need to modify are:
1. AndroidProducts.mk
-> here you will need to add following tag
PRODUCT_MAKEFILES := \
$(LOCAL_DIR)/*_yourproductname.mk
# You will need to replace * with product configuration you want for
example full/generic etc see /build/target/product/Android.mk for various
types of product configs.
2. full_yourproductname.mk
-> here you will need to specially ovverride PRODUCT_NAME
# Discard inherited values and use our own instead.
PRODUCT_NAME :=
PRODUCT_DEVICE :=
PRODUCT_BRAND :=
PRODUCT_MODEL :=
For example usage see existing make files of any device at
\device\any_manufacturer\any_product

Hope you got the solution! :)
Shridutt kothari
Impetus Infotech Limited