Hi,
Because I was digging sources and Internet for long time with this topic
and didn't find some full documentation for this I dare to ask someone here.
I'm having some troubles with porting Android to some new device so that's
why I choose this group.

During the study of init.rc doc (
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/system/core/+/master/init/readme.txt)
I had feeling that no one care about proper documentation.
Let see some example:
In readme.txt is written:
"Actions and Services implicitly declare a new section. All commands

or options belong to the section most recently declared.  Commands
or options before the first section are ignored."

Then I look into example file (from:
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/system/core/+/master/rootdir/init.rc)
and see, that firs command is the "include" but it is command (placed in
section commands in readme.txt) so it should be ignored. Why is not ignored?
Why is not proper described? What happen if I include file which is on
partition which isn't mounted at beginning?

Then I started looking closer and deeper and here is another example of lack of
lack of consistency: Triggers.

readme.txt:

"Actions take the form of:

on <trigger>
    <command>

Triggers

boot

<name>=<value>

device-added-<path>
device-removed-<path>

service-exited-<name>

   ..."

So what is that in example init.rc like:

on early-init

on init

on fs

on post-fs

There is no documentation for this (even "do not touch this sections"), no
definition in keywords.h or init_parser.c after digging more finally I have it!
In file init.c function main there is section of parsing those "Triggers" but
when this is triggered? Which goes first? How init recognizing that now is
"init" part of process, or "fs".

Then looking closer I see some another crucial label for init process called:
"charger". Where it is came from? Why some boot has "charger" option. When?

Why this is not documented if this is important part of init process?

So is there any real, I mean REAL documentation for whole Android init
process?
Because this what is provided by AOSP is really poorly written. To not say "
slovenly".

I will be really thankful for giving me some ideas and "breadcrumbs" for
understanding whole booting process in init part as well as what I should
care most with porting Android to new device.

Thanks
Kamil