Generally speaking, Android user mode is not tied to a particular version
of Linux kernel.

Each device project picks a kernel that is well-suited to the device and
has been validated.
Usually these kernels come from an SoC vendor that has ported generic
upstream kernel to their SoC.

For example, if you go to https://android.googlesource.com/ and scroll down
kernel/ section, you'll see a number of separate kernel git projects for
several SoCs.
You'll see that the upstream kernel versions from which these are derived
vary: 3.4, 3.1, 3.0, etc.

So far it has not been feasible to merge all these kernel git projects from
various SoCs into
a single git project, for various technical and administrative reasons.

Regarding your question about 3.10, the presence of a particular branch
does not indicate any commitment to support that version on any specific
device.