I don't know the answer to your specific question,
but I want to share a tip that will help answer questions like this ...
I use the "mgrep" shell function, which is defined by ". build/envsetup".
Go to the top of your tree, then type "mgrep string" and it will
find anywhere that string appears in the makefiles.
In this case, the ".default" and ".so" parts might be constructed at
build-time,
so I would do an "mgrep alsa" instead.