Pls check permission of /sys/class/leds/red/brightness. If it is world
writable than forget about above files. Write your own Java + Jni wrapper
which simply writes to appropriated locations. If it is only accessible to
certain group than probably give $service list. You may get interface name
corresponding to LedService, which you can use by reflection if you know
correct API. Hope it will help you.