Hi Richard,

If you only want to run Kernel and not Java part of Android, you can use
Tiny build:
there's a guide
here https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Android/UseTinyAndroid which would be
helpful to you in this direction.
and Tiiny Android works in all versions.

Thanks,
Shridutt Kothari,
Impetus Infotech India Ltd.
shriduttkoth...@gmail.com