Dear community,

I am working on a very specific device which does not have a display nor
any kind of audio hardware. However, it does have GPS, Bluetooth,  Wifi,
3G, sensors and other peripherals. We would like to use the Android SDK to
develop apps for such a device, but we would like to disable multimedia and
user-input features.

I would like to know if it is possible to have a working Android build that
does not run any multimedia or user-interface related features, such as
images, videos, audio or user-input (touch or keyboards). I  have looked
into TINY ANDROID (https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Android/UseTinyAndroid),
but it is  way too tiny.. It does not have zygote or system server, which
we need.

Is it a matter of removing mediaservice and surfaceflinger from  init.rc or
do I need to do further changes? We do need it to boot fast and start
running apps as soon as possible. I believe (please, correct me if I am
wrong) that removing such services, boot would complete faster and apps
listening to boot complete intent would start faster.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.