At one time there was a setting for this, and there may still be but I seem
to recall it has suffered from bit rot and does not work as well as it used
to.
Search source code in frameworks/base and packages/apps/Settings for all
references to the symbol
USB_AUDIO_AUTOMATIC_ROUTING_DISABLED and then follow the bread crumbs from
there.
Please update here with anything you find, as I am curious too.