Hi,

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 12:03 PM, <jake.sparo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
> How can I port single module (assume libnfc-nci) to a spesific device?
>
> I don't want to compile and port the whole AOSP for my device and there
> isn't unofficial ROM for my device that i can compile and take from him
> the .so's that I need.
>
> ​In this case you can build your module and put it under system.img. There
is a way to pack and unpack system.img

Also, your module will not be accessible through regular system service. So
you might need to write your own daemon for the same and if at all your ROM
runs with selinux enable, it might give your further trouble. You need to
tweak sepolicy so that access to your module is allowed from user space
app.​

can someone please refer me to how it can be done? (what do I need for
> this? do i need to link the compile process to a pre-built kernel of my ROM
> ? what are the necessary steps for this porting)
>
> thank you
> jack

Regards,
satish patel