We receive this error when we are trying to add our own applications to a
copy of the android car emulator, which otherwise successfully builds and
runs. We are unable to get a grip on what this error actually means and how
to solve it, we have been looking at VNDK documentation but it all seems to
be ignored during build. We have no idea why it would decide to be linked
as sdk, and not as a vendor application as it should be. All works fine on
earlier versions of android.