I believe based your documentation the default value for HibernateVersion is 2.
I have searched through the files and nowhere is any reference to the variable
"hibernateVersion".

Also, I have no andromda.xml file as you have indicated on your response. I
have just maven.xml and project.xml at the mda directory level.

Also, under the root there is a directory called .maven under which there is
another directory called hibernate and there is a hibernate version 2 file.

I have hibernate 3 as well as hibernate 2 on my drive, however the one uner
.maven is just version 2.  All java files are generated as indicated in your
How-To_Guide except for the sql files.