Quote:
I'll try using other JBoss versions, thx for suggestion. But it's not fixing
the problem but working around it... Do you have any ideas what might be the
root cause?
(end of quote)

Well actually I think jboss 4.0.1sp1 is much better at logging the source of
the errors, so my guess is, if you try that out, you'll see what the root error
is.

Quote:
And second question: do you know of any step-by-step guide or example how to
use spring-based connectors to remote EJBs? Should I use spring bean
definitions (in .xml files) generated in the core subsystem (they are imho
overly complex for the needs of connecting client to the business layer) or
create my own, simplified versions?
(end of quote)

Sorry I don't know of a guide, let me know if you find one.  You should be able
to use the ServiceLocator from the core, but just replace the
beanRefFactory.xml's contents with this for your client (I haven't tried this
but I would think it should work...this assumes you're using the latest
dependencies).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE beans

&nbsp; &nbsp; PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN"

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;"http&#58;//www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">

<beans>

&nbsp; &nbsp; <bean id="beanRefFactoryEjb"

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;class="org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext">

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <constructor-arg>

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<list>

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
<value>applicationContext-remoteEjb.xml</value>

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</list>

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; </constructor-arg>

&nbsp; &nbsp; </bean>

&nbsp; &nbsp;

</beans>
--