I'm trying to build (and this time actually RUN!) a test app using 3.1-M1. I
created a brand new project using "maven andromdapp:generate" and configured it
to use mySQL.

I CAN do a "maven mda" and generate code.

I can NOT do a "maven core".  When I do that, I get

Attempting to download hibernate-.jar.

WARNING: Failed to download hibernate-.jar.

It appears as if some sort of "version number" is missing from one of the
files?  While poking around, I found in mda/conf/andromda.xml the following
entry:

<property name="hibernateVersion">$hibernateVersion</property>

but no where else could I find a definition for $hibernateVersion.  Perhaps
that is the problem?  Where would the $hibernateVersion be configured? Is that
a reference to a property in some project.properties file?