I moved to a new machine and noticed too late that a french version of Windows
XP was installed. I should regret that later...

After each compilaten by maven, the "web.xml" file generated in the target
section contains the following commentary:

"Cr°er automatiquement par le JspC Tomcat.

Placez ce fragment dans le fichier web.xml avant all icon, display-name,

description, distributable, and context-param elements."

I noticed that it starts in french and ends in english. I understand both - so
far no problem - but Tomcat does not. So I have to correct manually the
"web.xml" file and eliminate the french special characters in the commentary.
If not, Tomcat stops the application. Is there a possibilty to avoid this ?